top of page

Decomantra Group

Public·10 members

CadSoft EAGLE Professional 7.6 WORK

Eagle is one of several PCB layout programs that you can get for free (other programs include KiCad and DipTrace). The free version of Eagle is somewhat limited in what it can do, DipTrace slightly more so. KiCad is open-source, and hence is completely free.I use Eagle because its limitations are reasonable for what I need to do, and I believe that it has a better interface than KiCad.Eagle can be downloaded here.If you're just installing Eagle, you probably will want to use the 'Run as Freeware' licensing option when it comes up. Note that for this instructable, I'm assuming that you have Eagle 6.1 or higher installed. The files that I upload are stored in Eagle 6's xml format, and as such can't be opened by earlier versions of eagle.First we'll cover moving around a finished project, then we'll start from scratch and design a board from start to finish.

CadSoft EAGLE Professional 7.6

The control panel is the main window of Eagle. When you close it, all windows that it opened get closed as well.A description of the various categories in the Control Panel: -- Libraries (.lbr files) store the individual parts that you add to your board. -- Design Rules (.dru) are what the design rule checker (aka the idiot-checker) uses. -- User Language Programs (.ulp) use Eagle's User Language (pretty much an advanced scripting language) to do stuff that would normally be difficult, tedious, or impossible without them. -- Scripts (.scr) are essentially just groups of eagle commands commands. Simpler and less powerful than ulps. -- CAM Jobs (.cam) export to other formats -- Projects (.sch, .pcb, etc) are where your circuit boards, schematics, and whatever else liveSo to start things off, right-click on the 'eagle', select 'New Project', and call it ex-Compass.Download the 'Compass.sch' and 'Compass.pcb' files from below, and save them in the Documents\eagle\ex-CompassHit F5 or go to View-Refresh in the Control Panel to make the files show up there.Double-click on the Compass.sch file and the schematic and pcb file should both load.

So creating the base of the PCB layout from the schematic is easy. Go to File>Switch to board, and when it warns you that the board doesn't exist, click Yes to create the board from the schematic.When the board file comes up, there will be a box on the screen, with all of the parts to the left of it. Until you move it, this represents the area where you can place your parts in the free version of eagle. Try to move a part outside of this area and Eagle will yell at you and refuse to cooperate.Note that Eagle drops all of the parts that you added into your schematic outside of this placeable area. After you move a part from its resting spot, you have to keep it inside that 4"x3.2" (100x80mm) box.Move all of the parts into a configuration similar to the one shown in the last picture. Note that this step requires a great deal of forethought to save yourself from headaches later on. Each one of those golden lines represents an unrouted trace. Typically, when you lay out a board, you first place the parts that have set locations that they need to go, like connectors. Then, group up all parts that logically make sense together, and move these clusters so that they create the smallest amount of crossed unrouted lines. From that point, expand those clusters, moving all of the parts far enough apart that they don't break any design rules and have a minimum of unrouted traces crossing.

Once you've finished routing and have no more DRC errors, you're done with this tutorial. However, computer renderings are boring. To actually get your board made, here are a few resources:PCB FabricationDo ityourself - Really quick turnaround, not as accurate.OSH Park - 2-week turnaround, I've used this and have received nothing but stellar boards. USA-based, free shipping, $5/(3 copies of 1 sq in), $10/(3 copies of 1 sq-in of four-layer board). Excellent deal for smaller boards, still competitive with some larger ones. Can take standard Eagle files.Advanced Circuits - More expensive, professional manufacturer based in Colorado. They do awesome work and offer sponsorships for student projects. The best deal that I can find on this one is $33 each, where you buy a minimum of four PCBs of up to 60 sq-in and pay $33 per. Requires you to expert the board as a Gerber fileOther fabrication services that I have heard of, but haven't used:Seeed studioBatchPCBParts:DigikeyNewarkMouserSparkfun - This is an awesome website that sells useful hard-to-find electronics project-related stuff, in addition to some more standard fare. While they don't have the greatest deals, they make up for it with good customer/community support and overall just being awesome.eBay - If you want good deals on questionable parts from sketchy sellers, look no further. The robot team that I'm on managed to get five SICK laser range finders for $300 total (and 3.5 of them actually worked!!! Typically one working one runs you a couple thousand)

In 2000, EAGLE version 4.0 officially dropped support for DOS and OS/2, but now being based on Qt 3[8][9] it added native support for Windows and was among the first professional electronic CAD tools available for Linux.[10] A 32-bit DPMI version of EAGLE 4.0 running under DOS[nb 1] was still available on special request in order to help support existing customers, but it was not released commercially. Much later, in 2015, a special version of EAGLE 4.09r2 was made available by CadSoft to ease installation under Windows 7. 041b061a72

• About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

bottom of page